Thursday, February 7, 2008

Quote of the Day

"God offers to every mind its choice between truth and repose. Take which you please - you can never have both." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I posted this quote because I think that is poignant, and again, like every good quote, it speaks volumes with great efficiency.

This quote speaks to me for various reasons. One, being that I think this quote speaks to the fact that truth is not always easy, popular, and straight-forward and it can be down-right painful. Truth to me is an at times dynamic, elusive, and multi-dimensional enigma. Also, I believe that this quote alludes to the fact that the pursuit of truth is not a pursuit for the light-hearted and that superficial, shallow-thinkers will probably miss it all together. However, if truth were black and white, it would probably be a pretty dull existence for man. The desire for truth is probably the greatest propellant of all.

No comments: