Friday, February 1, 2008

Word of the Day

Greed
noun

1. excessive desire to acquire or possess more (especially more material wealth) than one needs or deserves

2. reprehensible acquisitiveness; insatiable desire for wealth (personified as one of the deadly sins) [syn: avarice]

WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.

The reason I choose this as the word of the day is that I think that this is one of the major underlying problems with this country today. I know this is no huge revelation due to the fact that greed has been with us since the beginning of time, however, I believe that it is getting worse and worse and it is getting out-of-control. I believe greed along with some people's sense of entitlement is what is a big factor in crippling this country.

Examples to come...

No comments: